In this compact, intensive format, participants immerse themselves in the culture of Design Thinking and develop a solid understanding of the steps in the process and its basic methodological tools. Addressing an issue relevant to your company, you will go through all six phases of the Design Thinking process in small teams. The focus of the Design Thinking sprint is on user-centered empathy work, followed by an evaluation of its results to develop solutions.
The Design Thinking Sprint was designed for teams who want to go through a 5-day structured and professionally moderated Design Thinking process to work on an internal issue. The Design Thinking sprint is well-suited as a kick-off event for large-scale corporate projects.
What to expect:
- Gain a basic understanding of the Design Thinking process;
- Learn techniques that can be used to work in teams, in meetings, and/or on complex issues;
- Develop ideas and concrete prototypes for your questions for the team to follow up on.
The 5-day Design Sprint
- Day 1: Train the teams in the basic methods with a quick run-through of a Design Thinking process and introduction to the topic, understanding the problem, and exploring the problem space.
- Day 2: Conduct in-depth interviews for user research
- Day 3: Evaluate the data from the field research
- Day 4: Develop ideas and build prototypes
- Day 5: Test, reflect, and plan the next steps
The preparation day is where the question to be addressed in the Design Thinking sprint is identified.
Duration: 1 preparation day + 5 workshop days, optionally further iteration loops for the further development of prototypes
Location: Campus Hasso-Plattner-Institute Potsdam or at your premises
Participants: up to 10 persons
Costs: depending on the individual program
In addition to the 2-5-day formats, we also offer project support over a longer period. We are happy to create a custom program for you.