Since 2012, Hasso Plattner Institute (HPI) has been offering free, open-access online courses for beginners and experts on selected topics on its learning platform, openHPI, thereby helping to fulfill the public’s demand for fundamental digital knowledge. Nearly 500,000 registrations from 180 countries reflect the great interest in the free learning offer and its timeliness due to rapid digitization.
With openHPI as its foundation, a further online learning platform has been developed by HPI called mooc.house. It enables you, as a company or organization, to train and educate your staff, students or stakeholders in an innovative and easy way, with a guarantee of virtually unlimited scalability.
The most important functionalities of mooc.house at a glance:
- An innovative media player that allows the synchronous integration of the lecturer’s video recording with other media such as presentation slides (tele-TASK offers an easy to use recording system),
- Different formats that can be integrated as additional resources (texts, images, quizzes, …),
- Diverse task formats, e.g., multiple choice tests, (team) peer assessment and practical tasks (linked via LTI interface), to ensure a rich learning experience and an opportunity to apply the acquired knowledge,
- A learning community who work together, independent of time and space, taking into account specific deadlines.
- The integration of live talks on demand.
- A discussion forum, as well as smaller online learning groups, that allow peer-to-peer learning and motivate participants to actively engage as part of a social community.
- Course statistics and administrative tools to support you as the organizer of the course. With course progress visualized, participants always know where they stand.
We are delighted to pass on our best practices and advise you on the conceptualization, design and production of your own digital training offers. In addition to course preparation, we take over the hosting of your contents at our state-of-the-art mooc.house platform.